Monday, 5 March 2012

Laura Ashley Fabric Stash!

As I mentioned last week, I have some very kind visitors to my stall, who think of me when they are having  a crafty stash sort-out. On Saturday one of my previous stall neighbours popped up to see me with a couple of craft books and some fabric that she no-longer needed - I haven't had a chance to have a good look through the books yet, but I have been having a lovely time looking at the fabric!
It's all Laura Ashley fabric, from one of those big sampler books, and I have been thinking all weekend about what to use it for. I've tried to group it all in a sort-of logical order (similar colours etc) so I can get some ideas... Isn't it lovely?!
Blue/yellow/green
 pink/purple/green
 orange/pink/blue
orange/green
I still haven't had the epiphany moment of realisation of what to do with this lovely bundle, but I'm sure something will come to me soon! For now I'm just enjoying how pretty it is!

5 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics, I can't wait to see what you do with them. I understand your excitement. A couple of weeks ago, I went to see my Mum, who is having a big clear out. She presented me with a big bag of old (I like to say 'vintage') fabrics from the last 40years and said that she was going to throw them out, so I could take anything I wanted. I have to admit I took the whole bag lol I'm now mulling over what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you happen to know the name of the first blue/yellow/green pattern-- The one on the left with the tightest flowers? My sister and I had quilts from that collection as kids and I want to stash a few yards of it to keep in the family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie, I think the paper strip with the name of the fabric on it is in my stall, I'll be there on Wednesday so I'll have a look for you! I'll do my best to find it, I'd love to help!
      Gemma

      Delete
    2. Hi Natalie, I found the fabric label - the fabric is Polyanthus, it is Country Furnishing Cotton in Sapphire Multi White colour-way, SKU 152124. I hope this helps in your search! All the best xx

      Delete
  3. very nice creativity and i also would like to suggest my own fabrics for better creative ideas. try it once.
    Laura Ashley Fabric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x